Tuesday 3 May 2016

First Impressions - Rimmel Sculpting Palette

This feels like a crime to admit being in love with make up like I am but I have never purchased a 
'sculpting' palette or a contour product for that matter. So I thought what beter way to jump in is to try a really affordable option that is from a brand I know and love already.

First Thoughts & Application

First port of call is the packaging. Just like many other drugstore products it is a plastic container with
a clear lid, which for me has its pros and cons. It has the 'Kate Moss' signature on the front in gold to
match the outling on the case.
When applying the product the first thing I noticed was the amount of powder it kicked off when dipping my brush in. Usually this don't phase me but because it has multiple products in I didn't want one mixing with another. After each time I went in with my brush I had to blow the excess off and 
realistically this can loose you a lot of product. That then leads me onto the pan size. You do get a 
generous amount of product but compared to your brush size it can be quite a squeeze.
Now I will note that I didn't use the contour shade for contouring on this occasion but more of a bronzer.
My first impression is that all three products applied really well. It went on even and had enough 
pigment yet not to over powering so it was easy to build up to the colour you are after.


Wear 

I decided to keep this product on for longer than usual to really test it. As I went about my daily job I 
checked it in different lights and I couldn't see no obvious streaking, patchiness or fading in the first 
few hours. It didn't feel drying or like it sat on top of my foundation but really comfortable to wear. 

After about 8/9 hours of wear I did a final check before removing my make-up and have to say it had
faded through the day but enough colour was still noticeable.


Final Thoughts

Overall I really like this product and will certainly continue to use it. This particular palette is a great match for my fair skin and gave it a really healthy glow at an affordable price.

The palette could be used for a softer day look or a full on glam night look. It is also a great size for
travelling or throwing in your bag for a touch up on the go. Iy is also a great start if there is anybody
like me who hasn't purchased a product like this previously.

DETAILS

Price - £6.99
Purchase From - Boots & Superdrug
Shades - 002 Coral Glow & 003 Golden Bronze

No comments:

Post a Comment