Sunday 3 January 2016

My Go-To Everday Make-Up Base





To kick things off on my blog I will be sharing my favourite go to everyday make-up base. I’m talking foundation, concealers and powders. I can tell you now it doesn’t contain the  most brand spanking new or expensive items but I feel something like this can give you a little taste of what a person is into. Let's get started....

Foundation

I’ll admit it, I do prefer to wear BB Creams on an everyday basis. I think with there light and weightless application they are a lot more comfortable on the skin. I am also not declaring I have the worlds best skin but I prefer to cover up blemishes/redness/dark circles (you name it) with a full coverage/heavier concealer, which we will get onto in a shortly.

My chosen foundation at the minute though is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation. It ticks off everything I’ve said above considering it is a foundation. I don’t hear many people talk about this so would definitely put this forward and recommend you guys to try it for an everyday foundation. Even having oily skin like me (you will hear many a moan about that) it doesn’t have that slip and slide many other serum/oil based foundations do and with a price tag of £10.99 it’s definitely worth a go.




Concealer

This was a tricky one to decide on as I’m in between a few at the moment which I am loving but my main two  have to be the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer & Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer.

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer – Great coverage and amazing staying power. It covers everything I need it to without looking cakey or creasing through the day but still giving a natural and bright finish.

Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer – A completely different formula but none the less still a great concealer. This one is lighter in application and coverage but again it conceals everything I need it to. This is a great item if you suffer from those tired eyes in a morning.




















Powder

Again my indecisiveness has taken over.. I currently have two powders on the go, this time one drug store and the other high end.

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - My holy grail powder FOR SURE! I have used this for years and without fail continue to go back to it. If you haven't tried this then where have you been? This is an excellent product to have whether you have been using make-up for years or just starting out. Be careful though... The packaging can be fragile.

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – I got my hands on this whilst on my trip to Las Vegas back in May. I found this in Sephoras ‘Isle of doom’ (the queue leading up to the check out which is just full of miniature products) Wearing this...well it doesn’t even feel like you are wearing it. It is so finely milled that it sits on your skin undetectable. The translucent finish makes this a great brightener for under the eyes so a useful multi purpose product. If you have the budget I would definitely recommend even if it is just the smaller version, as this bad boy will still last you a life time.

No comments:

Post a Comment