Sunday 28 February 2016

Favourites - February 2016

Benefit Blush - Rockatuer

I got this as a gift after being my usual fan girl of FleurDeForce after she raved about this, which was some time ago. I have recently re-discovered how much I love this! I feel it can be off putting looking in the pan as it does look like a sheeny pink but on the cheeks it gives a beautiful glow of pink. I used to only wear this with an evening look but now use it during the day and think it is a great transition colour into spring complimenting plenty of looks.


Soap & Glory – Sugar Scrub Body Scrub + The Righteous Butter

These two get a mention together as they are great separately but brilliant when used one after the other. This drop in cold weather has really played havoc with my skin, and not just on my face. I tend to be quite lazy when it comes to scrubbing and moisturising but something needed to be done. The scrub has just the right amount of ‘scrubbiness’ to it without being so gentle it feels like it isn’t doing anything but not so harsh that it irritates the skin, plus the scent is heavenly.
The next part is the body butter and oh my I could bathe in this stuff! The smell to start off with is so relaxing and then the texture is quite thick but it feels so nice on your skin and you can definitely feel the moisture sink in. Another plus about the body butter would be it’s available in travel size also as they are quite hefty full size tubs.

Lush - Handy Gurugu

In my eyes this was a gem of a find. I bought this at a 'car boot' type of place for a bargain of £1.50. In fact this product is £7.95 and think it is well worth the money. Like I've already said I am basically getting head to toe in dry skin so your hands is one of the most used body part which means it needs to be taken care of. I lather a layer of this on before bed and it is a miracle worker. I am not to keen on the smell put once it's lights out it doesn't bother me.


Television Programme – How To Die : Simon's Choice

This may be a controversial one but I stumbled upon this one night and found it absolutely fascinating. It tells the story of a man who is diagnosed with motor neurone disease and makes the heart wrenching decision to end his life on his terms.The for and against arguments with regards to this subject can be very strong and I can rightly see each side. I just think this programme shed light and personal insight on a ‘taboo’ topic and is worth a watch. Warning – Have tissues to hand as tears may follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment