Sunday 7 February 2016

Current Skincare

At this time of year my skincare normally changes to cope with the changes my skin makes. With the weather being very cold and windy as like many people my skin becomes drier so here are the products I use to help.


Cleanser
I have only really got into skincare recently so have not tried many cleansers but I have a sample pot of the Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm and when I do use this my face has never felt and looked better. You can feel it working off every last bit of make-up and dirt and yet does not dry or uncomfortably tighten my skin.


Micellar Water
My current Micellar Water is good but not my favourite. This Garnier one does the job and my gosh does it last a long time but it doesn't beat the Boots Botanics one which you can see a review of in my January Empties post. This can be handy as it does come in travel size bottles and is a good affordable option.


Toner
I don't need to go into detail on this one as I included my current toner in my January Favourites, La Roche Posay Serozinc. I will say that this is a great product and definitely gives my skin a boost of moisture and hydration first thing in the morning.


Eye Cream
With my eye cream I want something simple and that just keeps me looking awake. This Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream ticks all of those boxes. At first I didn't think much of it if I were to go without using this for a couple of days I realised how much the product actually makes a difference. It isn't a massive difference but it just keeps my eyes depuffed and awake the morning after leaving a smoother area for concealer.












Moisturiser
I have two in this category as I use a different one for morning and evening.
My morning one is the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Moisturiser and have to admit I'm not a fan. Its not the worst one I have used so I will use this up but probably not repurchase. I feel like its texture is very light and smooth but then once applied it leaves a tacky feeling behind.
My current evening one is the Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser. I use this when I feel my skin is behaving and just needs a bit of moisture. Like it's name the ingredients and claims are very simple which is what I like. I know I can trust this product to not break me out and help control those pesky dry patches.

No comments:

Post a Comment